Analogue Input Extension
The AI Extension has 4 additional analog inputs on two division units – perfect for sensors and probes.
- 4 analog inputs (0-10V) or 4 digital inputs
- save space with 2 division units
- developed specially for the Loxone Smart Home
- CE certified and tested
Use the 4 analog inputs of the AI Extension to integrate any 0-10V sensors in your Loxone Smart Home. This could be temperature sensors, pressure sensors or other 0-10V control signals. You can also use the analog inputs as digital inputs (24V).
The AI Extension is installed on a DIN rail in a suitable enclosure.
Connect the power supply and Link communication to the Miniserver.
Connect devices that provide a 0-10V signal to the analog inputs, e.g. 0-10V temperature sensors. When using the inputs as digital inputs, 24VDC can be connected to the inputs via push buttons for example.
If the devices are connected to different power supplies, it is essential that the GNDs are interconnected.
The Extension starts after switching on the power supply, and the status LED will flash orange after a short time when the connection to the Miniserver is established.
You can connect sensors with open collector outputs to the digital inputs on the Miniserver and other extensions. A pull up resistor must also be connected. This is needed because the open collector outputs GND and not a positive voltage.
For the pull up resistor you can use a standard 4.7 k ohm resistor, see the below diagram for how to connect.
The sensor will now be working with reverse logic. Therefore if the sensor is off, the digital input will be set to high (16V) and when the sensor is on the digital input will be set low (GND). In the software you can reverse this behaviour so that when the sensor is on the input is high. To do this either use the NOT function block or negate wherever the input is connected to.
The installation must be carried out by a qualified technician in accordance with all applicable regulations.
The installation requires a suitable enclosure to ensure protection against contact, water and dust.
The device must not be used as part of safety-critical systems.
- Interface: Loxone Link connection with Miniserver or Miniserver Go
- Power Consumption: typical 72mW
- Inputs: 4 analogue inputs 0 to 10VDC, resolution: 0.05V or 4 digital inputs
Shipped in the Box
- 1 × AI Extension
- 1 × Instructions
If using the Miniserver
- 1 x Miniserver is required
- 1 x Network Switch or Modem required
- 1 x 24VDC Power supply required
- 1 x Cat5 or better, network Cable to connect the Miniserver to your network or computer to program the system
- 1 x 18 AWG to 23 AWG pair (solid core preferred) to transfer power from Power supply to Miniserver
- 1 x 18 AWG to 23 AWG pair (solid core preferred) to transfer power from the Power supply or Miniserver to the Extension
- 1 x 18 AWG to 23 AWG twisted pair (solid core and shielded preferable) to connect the Miniserver’s Loxone Link to the Extension
If using the Miniserver Go
- 1 x Miniserver Go is required
- 1 x Network Switch or Modem Required
- 1 x 24VDC Power supply required
- 1 x Cat5 or better, network Cable to connect the Miniserver Go to your network or computer to program the system
- 1 x 18AWG to 23 AWG wire (solid core preferred) to ground from Power supply negative to the Miniserver Go
- 1 x 18 AWG to 23 AWG pair (solid core preferred) to transfer power from Power supply to Extension
- 1 x 18 AWG to 23 AWG twisted pair (solid core and shielded preferable) to connect the Miniserver Go’s Loxone Link to the Extension