Flush Motion Sensor Tree Anthracite
When it comes to building automation, the detection of presence is a key factor.
Knowing if someone is in the building affects the lighting, HVAC, security, energy management and more. With discreet, flat design for in-ceiling installation, the Flush-mounted Presence Sensor Tree detects motion, sound and brightness levels. This forms the basis for intelligent automation in homes and buildings.
- Also available in white: Flush Motion Sensor Tree White
- Also available in surface mount: Motion Sensor Tree Anthracite
- Detect presence by means of infrared and acoustic sensors
- High detection field with a detection angle of 360° horizontal and 110° vertical (giving you a 26 ft (8m) detection field at a ceiling height of up to 10 ft (3m)).
- Integrated brightness sensor (measuring range 0 … 83000lx)
- Individually adjustable acoustic sensor threshold value for presence detection.
- Individually adjustable acoustic sensor threshold value for the burglar alarm.
- Simple limitation of the detection range using a sticker for the Fresnel lens
All-in-one sensing capabilities: motion, sound and brightness
Considering all-around presence detection, Loxone developed the Flush-mounted Presence Sensor Tree with built-in multi-sensor technology: motion, brightness and acoustics. The Presence Sensor helps carry out a wide range of functions while saving you the need of additional sensors. This even helps you save money. Evolved from our classic Motion Sensor, for example, it’s now possible to detect presence if someone is sitting in front of the TV set but not moving, or if the detection area is blocked by an open door.
With a detection angle of 360° horizontally and 110° vertically, Loxone’s Presence Sensor detects movement within a radius of 26 ft (with a ceiling height of up to 10 ft). The sensitivity can be adjusted in four steps.
In addition to detecting movement, this can be extended by the acoustic sensor. The threshold value of the acoustic detection can be set via Loxone Config.
A high-quality brightness sensor with a wide detection range is well suited for the implementation of brightness-dependent functions such as constant light control.
Extending the reach with acoustics
The Presence Sensor offers a wide range of possibilities:
Automatic time-out feature
With motion initially being detected, the audio sensor within the Presence Sensor can then extend the time-out automatically – even if no motion is detected.
If there is no detection of motion or audio within the preset period, then for up to 10 seconds after this period, the Presence Sensor will still listen out for any audio to extend the time-out (for example, a clap).
If the noise level is exceeded (adjustable in Loxone Config), the alarm output of the Presence Sensor is activated. With this, you can trigger different functions such as a notification or an alarm.
How does sound detection work?
The Presence Sensor is equipped with an acoustic sensor that detects noise and measures volume level. The volume level is transmitted to the Miniserver. The sensor does not record or analyze any sensitive information.
Planning & Installation
Flat, low-profile design of the Flush-mounted Presence Sensor Tree is suited for recessed ceiling mounting. For easiest pre-construction, the sensor is compatible in our Spot Rough-In Mount.
We recommend positioning the Presence Sensor centrally between two LED Spots RGBW Tree, planned in the typical continuous grid. As always, your sensors and spots can be easily configured with simplified tools in Loxone Config. Altogether, the use of the Flush-mounted Presence Sensor Tree, LED Spots RGBW and Spot-Rough-In Mount can simplify the whole pre-wiring process of any lighting installation.
Simplify pre-wiring with the Spot Rough-in Mount (10-pack)
Specially developed for the LED Spot RGBW Tree and Flush-mounted Presence Sensor Tree. You can easily locate and align sensors and spots before drywall is installed – simply snap in place.
Position the sensor between LED Spots RGBW Tree
Flat, low-profile design of the Flush-mounted Presence Sensor Tree complements the low-profile LED Spots RGBW Tree. These spots meet the highest standards nationwide to achieve endless possibilities for lighting needs.
Award-winning Loxone Tree Technology was designed with a clear goal in mind: reduce wiring and installation effort required. Thanks to a free-form wiring topology and intuitive configuration software, Loxone Partners are able to have Loxone Tree devices up and running in record time.
The Presence Sensor Air communicates wirelessly using Loxone Air technology. It can be powered with either 24VDC or with AA batteries (life span approx. 2 years).
- Power Supply: 9 to 30VDC
- Motion detection: passive infrared sensor
- Motion detection range: 8m/26.25ft (at height of 3m/9.84 ft)
- Recommended installation height: 2.5m to 3.5m (8.2 to 11.5 ft)
- Vertical detection angle: 110 degrees
- Horizontal detection angle: 360 degrees
- Brightness measuring range: 0 to 83000lx
- Acoustic detection range: 60Hz to 20kHz, mono
Shipped in the Box
- 1 x Flush-mounted Presence Sensor Tree
- 1 x Sticker to cover the Fresnel lens to limit the detection area
- 4 x Connectors
If using the Miniserver
- 1 x Miniserver is required
- 1 x Network Switch or Modem required
- 1 x 24VDC Power supply required
- 1 x Cat5 or better, network Cable to connect the Miniserver to your network or computer to program the system
- 1 x 18 AWG to 23 AWG pair (solid core preferred) to transfer power from Power supply to Miniserver
- 1 x 18 AWG to 23 AWG pair (solid core preferred) to transfer power from the Power supply or Miniserver to the Tree device
- 1 x 18 AWG to 23 AWG twisted pair (solid core and shielded preferable) to connect the Miniserver’s Tree Link to the Tree device
If using the Miniserver Go
- 1 x Miniserver Go is required
- 1 x Tree Extension is required
- 1 x Network Switch or Modem Required
- 1 x 24VDC Power supply required
- 1 x Cat5 or better, network Cable to connect the Miniserver Go to your network or computer to program the system
- 1 x 18AWG to 23 AWG wire (solid core preferred) to ground from Power supply negative to the Miniserver Go
- 1 x 18 AWG to 23 AWG pair (solid core preferred) to transfer power from Power supply to Tree Extension
- 1 x 18 AWG to 23 AWG pair (solid core and shielded preferable) to transfer power from the Power supply to Tree device
- 1 x 18 AWG to 23 AWG twisted pair (solid core and shielded preferable) to connect the Miniserver Go’s Loxone Link to the Tree Extension
- 1 x 18 AWG to 23 AWG twisted pair (solid core and shielded preferable) to connect the Tree Link from the Tree Extension to the Tree device