Motion Sensor Air White
Presence Sensors are key communicators involved in any type of building automation project. With reliable detection of presence and motion, it forms the basis for the automation of important functions such as lighting (including maintaining constant light levels), burglar alarm, audio, HVAC, and much more:
- Also available in anthracite (black): Motion Sensor Air Anthracite
- Also available in tree (wired) version: Motion Sensor Tree White
- Detect movement and presence through infrared and acoustic sensors (Air version requires additional fixed power supply)
- High detection field with a detection angle of 360° horizontal and 110° vertical (giving you an 26ft detection field at a ceiling height of 9.8ft).
- Integrated brightness sensor (measuring range 0 … 83000lx)
- Individually adjustable acoustic sensor threshold value for presence detection.
- Individually adjustable acoustic sensor threshold value for the burglar alarm.
- Simple limitation of the detection range using a sticker for the Fresnel lens
All-in-one sensing capabilities: motion, sound and brightness
Considering all-around presence detection, we developed the Flush-mounted Presence Sensor Tree with built-in multi-sensor technology: motion, brightness and acoustics. The Presence Sensor helps carry out a wide range of functions while saving you the need of additional sensors. This even helps you save money.
Evolved from our classic Motion Sensor, for example, it’s now possible to detect presence if someone is sitting in front of the TV set but not moving, or if the detection area is blocked by an open door.
Motion (via infrared)
With a detection angle of 360° horizontally and 110° vertically, the Presence Sensor detects movement within a radius of 26 ft (with a ceiling height of 9.8 ft). The sensitivity can be adjusted in four steps.
In addition to detecting movement, this can be extended by the acoustic sensor. The threshold value of the acoustic detection can be set via Loxone Config.
A high-quality brightness sensor with a wide detection range is well suited for the implementation of brightness-dependent functions such as constant light control.
Extending the reach with acoustics
The Presence Sensor offers a wide range of possibilities:
Automatic time-out feature
With motion initially being detected, the audio sensor within the Presence Sensor can then extend the time-out automatically – even if no motion is detected.
If there is no detection of motion or audio within the preset period, then for up to 10 seconds after this period, the Presence Sensor will still listen out for any audio to extend the time-out (for example, a clap).
If the noise level is exceeded (adjustable in Loxone Config), the alarm output of the Presence Sensor is activated. With this, you can trigger different functions such as a notification or an alarm.
How does sound detection work?
The Presence Sensor is equipped with an acoustic sensor that detects noise and measures volume level. The volume level is transmitted to the Miniserver. The sensor does not record or analyze any sensitive information.
Installation and configuration
With the fiber-reinforced mounting bracket, the Presence Sensor can be easily and securely mounted on either the ceiling or the wall. With the expertise of The Smartest Builder, Loxone Tree or Air technology offers unparalleled ease of install through Loxone Config.
Award-winning Loxone Tree Technology was designed with a clear goal in mind: reduce wiring and installation effort required. Thanks to a free-form wiring topology and intuitive configuration software, Loxone Partners are able to have Loxone Tree devices up and running in record time.
The Presence Sensor Air communicates wirelessly using Loxone Air technology. It can be powered with either 24VDC or with AA batteries (life span approx. 2 years).
- Power Supply: 6 to 30VDC or 2 x 1.5V AA Batteries
- Interface: Loxone Air
- Motion detection: passive infrared sensor
- Motion detection range: 8m/26.25ft (at height of 3m/9.84 ft)
- Recommended installation height: 2.5m to 3.5m (8.2 to 11.5 ft)
- Vertical detection angle: 110 degrees
- Horizontal detection angle: 360 degrees
- Brightness measuring range: 0 to 83000lx
- Acoustic detection range: 60Hz to 20kHz, mono (only when externally powered)
Shipped in the Box
- 1 x Presence Sensor Air
- 1 x Mounting bracket
- 2 x AA Battery
- 1 x Sticker (to cover lens to limit detection area)
If using the Miniserver
- 1 x Miniserver is required
- 1 x Air base Extension is required
- 1 x Network Switch or Modem required
- 1 x 24VDC Power supply required
- 1 x Cat5 or better, network Cable to connect the Miniserver to your network or computer to program the system
- 1 x 18 AWG to 23 AWG pair (solid core preferred) to transfer power from Power supply to Miniserver
- 1 x 18 AWG to 23 AWG pair (solid core preferred) to transfer power from the Miniserver to the Air Base Extension
- 1 x 18 AWG to 23 AWG twisted pair (solid core and shielded preferable) to connect the Miniserver Loxone Link to the Air Base Extension
If using the Miniserver Go
- 1 x Miniserver Go is required
- 1 x Network Switch or Modem Required
- 1 x Cat5 or better, network Cable to connect the Miniserver Go to your network or computer to program the system