Touch Surface Tree
Extraordinary control integrated directly into your home’s hard furnishings. The Touch Surface puts Loxone’s revolutionary touchpad concept at your fingertips – whether on a kitchen worktop or coffee table.
- Available in Air (wireless) version as well: Touch Surface Air
- For hard furnishings or surfaces around your home
- Control lighting, music, shading and more
- 5 touch-sensitive contact points (and an activation touch point)
- Activation status LEDs
- Works on stone, wood, ceramic and glass
- Optional audible click feedback
Touch Surface. A hidden gem – the invisible switch.
Imagine a button so matched to your home’s interior that it blends into the point of being invisible. Introducing the Touch Surface. Extraordinary control integrated directly into your home’s hard furnishings and surfaces. The Touch Surface puts Loxone’s revolutionary switch concept at your fingertips. Whether on a kitchen worktop, living room table or beside the pool – control your Loxone Smart Home from wherever you like.
A Variety Of Uses
The Touch Surface can be mounted to a variety of surfaces, including stone, wood, ceramics and glass – opening up endless options of how to interact with your home.
Whether your hands are wet, full of dough, or you’re in the middle of stirring that delicious peppercorn sauce – you could still control the lighting, shading, music or even the extractor fan with a few taps of the kitchen worktop.
Developed in co-operation with Strasser Steine – the Touch Surface is smart home control integrated directly into your kitchen countertop.
It simply doesn’t make sense having to stand up from your desk to control the lighting, shading or music when you’re in your study. The Touch Surface integrates all this control directly into your desk so you don’t have to get up and break concentration.
As if by magic. Mount the Touch Surface behind ceramic tiles in a bathroom to put invisible smart home control at your fingertips.
The options of where you could have the Touch Surface installed in your home are (almost) limitless! Whether it’s to integrate invisible control in a minimalist interior or to add that secret agent element to your man cave, the versatility of the Touch Surface is the switch solution for you.
On The Surface
The Touch Surface is at home on stone, wood, ceramic and glass with a thickness of 1-30mm / up to 1 3/16″.
Intuitive To Use
Our love of smart homes is reflected in everything we do to improve the way you live in your home. We put a great amount of time and passion into the development of our products. The results speak for themselves – such as this revolutionary way of controlling your home.
To get the most out of your Touch Surface, we’d recommend our Switch Standard. The center touch point for lighting, the two touch points on the left for shading and the two touch points on the right for audio.
Unique Product Features
1. Touch Points
With just five touch points, the Touch Surface puts a great deal of control at your fingertips. The touch points can be freely-assigned by your Loxone Partner. Our recommendation would be our tried-and-trusted Switch Standard, the large centre touch point for lighting, the left two touch points for shading and the right two touch points for music.
Including with the device are stickers that you could use to indicate this feature set.
2. Activation Touch Point
You wouldn’t want to turn the lights off in the middle of rolling out the pizza dough on your kitchen worktop. That’s why we’ve included an activation function which enables the five touch points for a few seconds – giving you plenty of time to adjust the lighting or turn up the volume of your favourite song before the switch is deactivated again.
Of course, the activation touch point can be assigned to perform a different action if you’d like – perhaps turning on the extractor fan?
3. Status LEDs
The handy LED indicators will let you know when the five touch points are awake and give you a visual countdown to the touch points returning to standby.
4. Click Feedback
You can choose whether or not to have an audible click feedback to acknowledge interacting with the Touch Surface.
- Interface: Loxone Tree
- Power Supply: 9 to 28VDC
- Power Consumption: typical 65mW, max 116mW
- Touch Points: 6 Touch Points, capacitive touch detection
- Audible click feedback (can disable in software)
Declaration of conformity
Declaration of conformity CZ
Shipped in the Box
- 1 x Touch Surface Tree incl. 3M adhesive
- 1 x Touch Point Decal
- 6 x Fibre Optic Lights
- 1 x Instructions for Fibre Optics
If using the Miniserver
- 1 x Miniserver is required
- 1 x Network Switch or Modem required
- 1 x 24VDC Power supply required
- 1 x Cat5 or better, network Cable to connect the Miniserver to your network or computer to program the system
- 1 x 18 AWG to 23 AWG pair (solid core preferred) to transfer power from Power supply to Miniserver
- 1 x 18 AWG to 23 AWG pair (solid core preferred) to transfer power from the Power supply or Miniserver to the Tree device
- 1 x 18 AWG to 23 AWG twisted pair (solid core and shielded preferable) to connect the Miniserver’s Tree Link to the Tree device
If using the Miniserver Go
- 1 x Miniserver Go is required
- 1 x Tree Extension is required
- 1 x Network Switch or Modem Required
- 1 x 24VDC Power supply required
- 1 x Cat5 or better, network Cable to connect the Miniserver Go to your network or computer to program the system
- 1 x 18AWG to 23 AWG wire (solid core preferred) to ground from Power supply negative to the Miniserver Go
- 1 x 18 AWG to 23 AWG pair (solid core preferred) to transfer power from Power supply to Tree Extension
- 1 x 18 AWG to 23 AWG pair (solid core and shielded preferable) to transfer power from the Power supply to Tree device
- 1 x 18 AWG to 23 AWG twisted pair (solid core and shielded preferable) to connect the Miniserver Go’s Loxone Link to the Tree Extension
- 1 x 18 AWG to 23 AWG twisted pair (solid core and shielded preferable) to connect the Tree Link from the Tree Extension to the Tree device
Installation In Record Time
Thanks to a variety of technology types and installation options to best suit your project, the Touch Surface can be installed in just a few steps:
Thanks to high-quality 3M adhesive, you can stick the Touch Surface directly onto smooth, grease-free surfaces without the need for any screws.
For a more reliable and long-lasting installation, however, we recommend attaching the Touch Surface with screws when fixing it to the likes of the underside of a table. The device has 5 dedicating fixing points for screws.
TOUCH POINT MARKINGS
If you would prefer not to mark the surface, you can use the provided decal to show the 5 touch points. Before applying the decal, please ensure that the surface is dry and free from grease.
Using Loxone’s milling template, you can accurately mark out the 5 touch points of the Touch Surface on wood, stone, ceramic or glass. (Download Template)
OPTIONAL: HOLES FOR STATUS LEDs
The 5 status LED indicator lights can be individually switched. To make use of these LEDs, you’ll need to use our template to drills holes into the surface – ensuring these holes are exactly at a 90° angle to the surface.
Attached the individual optical fibers onto the Touch Surface and insert these into the drilled hole from the underside/installation side of the surface.
Seal the holes for the activation indicator lights using a transparent epoxy resin. It’s important to ensure that no dirt or grit is present in the holes or on the underside of the mounting surface prior to using the resin. When applying the resin ensure that no air bubbles are created.
Commissioned in Record Time
Loxone Air Technology ensures an efficient commissioning of the Touch Surface in no time at all.